With gas prices remaining low, drivers should take advantage of their savings and invest it back into their vehicles.
By spending a little now to increase fuel efficiency, drivers can multiply fuel savings and save more money at the pump.
- Engine Performance: Keep your car properly tuned to improve gas mileage by an average of four percent.
- Tire Pressure: Keep tires properly inflated and improve gas mileage by up to three percent.
- Motor Oil: Improve gas mileage by one to two percent by using the grade of motor oil recommended by the manufacturer.
- Air Filters: Replacing clogged air filters on older vehicles can improve fuel economy and will improve performance and acceleration on all vehicles.
- Gas Cap: Replacing damaged, loose, or missing gas caps will stop gas from vaporizing into the air.
- Fix It: Addressing a serious maintenance problem, like a faulty oxygen sensor, can improve mileage by as much as 40 percent, according to www.fueleconomy.gov.
Making a small investment today could lead to an even bigger savings in the future. Give us a call or make an appointment with us today!